Saturday, April 18, 2009

Croque-mariage

[The title's supposed to make sense when you see the second picture]

I prepared croques again today! But this time, I wanted to try just a regular croque-monsieur.

Rachel made herself a croque-madame. We used different cheeses for our own respective BĂ©chamel sauces and this time, I did not burn our sandwiches during the broil! I used Dijon mustard also to keep it closer to the original French way of preparing this sandwich but Rachel didn't like it (wah wah wah). I put a little too much on mine though. But it was so so delicious still. I just love the sauce on top with all the melted cheese and the crunchiness of the bread (croque translates to crunch in English).

Et voilĂ  (and there it is!) -- a croque-madame and a croque-monsieur... in a croque-mariage!

1 comment:

  1. Uber cute! If I knew they were getting married I would have made them matching parsley rings. They look happy.

    I like that heterosexual is one of this entry's tags.

    ReplyDelete