Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Score, chore, abhor, snore, galore

I. Score
Got in! The archetypal dandy of the Victorian era! Groups: one, two, three, four; Fathers! Mothers! Young adults! Younger adults! And I with the second. The patriarch arrives -- astounded! Fill 'em up! wanders my thoughts.

2. Chore
Carry on carry on momentum moves forward unaware of the exponential amounts of energy invested in this task build build labor labor labor build beer & wine fuels me sin.

3. Abhor
Walks in. Archetypal damsel. No distress. Friends with full-length mirrors -- a house full! In every room, they walk and talk, but no reflection. Can they think?

Walks in. Archetypal bane of my existence. Fulfillment! HA. That's my purpose in the world. I want to be full. You want [your pockets] to be full. We all want to be full.

Just go. Archetypal family. Dining suits, dresses. Wine only. No BEER, SIN cerveza. Yup --

4. Snore
-- People scatter.
The arrival of the latter.
Boy now what's the matter?
Did this illusion shatter?
Rain goes pitter patter.
("Be careful, the roads are wet." / I'm sorry? / "The roads are wet. Be careful")
All this silly chatter.
What is it that I'm after?
Flatter (to deflate), flatter (to inflate), flatter (to make flat).
Lies and all disaster.
Future now a tatter.
Part 3 about a fratter.
Clink clunk clatter.

5. Galore
With needle and thread in hand, I seek to mend. Remember that scene in Kazan's A Streetcar Named Desire? When glass meets glass? Open up the vault to this echo chamber and step outside. Numbers one and two, pen in hand ready to mark off.

Close the curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment