Thursday, February 18, 2010

On the verge of a nervous breakdown

Since June 2009, many things have changed, but the most recent is that I will no longer teach ESL at Casa Marianella. Nine months there. NINE! I could've gone one full year, but I just can't. And for this, I'm terribly sad.

School is absolutely consuming my life. And my internship adds extra stress by subtracting heavily from my already scarce free time.

For example, I've got a paper due tomorrow, which I'm only starting now. I will get it done, but I am sacrificing a bit of my health and mental stability for it. It's actually due at 5 p.m. which gives me more time, but guess what I'm doing between 10 and 5 tomorrow? Class for two hours... then internship.

I hope that this isn't the beginning of a meltdown for me.

2 comments:

  1. It will all be fine! Just gotta get through this stressful semester.

    You're 21 now, right? Any interest in seeing Four Tet at Mohawk tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose to bail on my teaching internship after the breakdown. The breakdown occured last night after my mentor teaching told me that she was not going to allow me to teach in her class if I could not change my management skills(lack of) over night. I have weaknesses, I admit. God has a plan and I am a child of the living God.

    ReplyDelete