Tuesday, December 29, 2009

These Holidays

I've taken this break to catch up on certain things that once defined me as an individual. I mean specifically, film & music. These are all things that I've ignored pretty much all year in the wake of my full-force career goal shift towards a less creative industry. Left behind a lot of things that I'm going back and picking up. Still several things that needs mending.

Since I'm doing all this revisiting and since the last few days of 2009 are approaching, I'd like to go back and highlight some of those great "naughties" moments that I remember quite vividly.

Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" music video directed by Spike Jonze featuring a dancing Christopher Walken.

Then of course, we have Zenadine Zidane's headbutt during the 2006 World Cup finals between France and Italy. France lost 5-3 in the end.



I haven't compiled any sort of best films of the decade list or anything, but hands down, my favorite would have to be Michel Gondry's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, released in 2004, the year in which I really fell in love with cinema.


"Can I borrow a piece of your chicken?"
"I prefer to be Ruth, but I'm flexible."

This decade, I also fumbled my way for the first time through James Joyce's Ulysses. Although the novel is not specifically a product of this decade, this is definitely an accomplishment I want to highlight.

In terms of advertising, this is probably one of the best commercials to have been made this past decade. I know I posted this on my tumblr/facebook already, but I think it deserves another mention. This is Ogilvy & Mather's "Evolution" for Unilever's Dove Campaign for Real Beauty Fund.



That's enough for now. Until my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment